We have a vehicle available for the right self employed driver to join the team living near St Andrews, Cupar or surrounding areas.
WE ARE HIRINGCome join our team
We are looking for a friendly person who enjoys the social aspect of dealing with the public and is comfortable with driving long distances at a time.
The right driver to should take a stake in the reputation and growth of the company and in return will be rewarded with valuable journeys to make up for a very attractive wage.
To be successful as a taxi driver, you should be punctual, proactive, reliable, and practice excellent communication skills.
Our drivers are self employed and take a cut of the profits (daily or weekly) and are responsible for their own tax returns.
We trust the applicant to work set hours and have a reasonable flexibility of stretching beyond those times in busy times or when the business requires it.
We will provide and cover the running cost of:
Recent and comfortable vehicles in an excellent condition. (Mercedes Vito or Škoda Kodiaq)
A mobile phone for the vehicle.
Card payment terminal.
- Collecting clients at the start of their journey in a clean and presentable vehicle,
the driver cleans it at the start, during and the end of the shift.
- Proficient fluency of the English language and intellectual interests on broader topics are a definite bonus.
- Assisting clients with the loading and unloading of their baggage and belongings, as needed.
- Starting and stopping the taximeter at the correct times.
- Selecting the fastest route to the destination, using Waze or google maps to determine road traffic conditions.
- The client interactions should be discrete but pleasant and friendly when the passengers appear to be communicative while adhering to road regulations.
- Ensuring safety throughout the journey.
- Processing cash and card payments, ensuring that you carry sufficient change at all times.
- Overlooking and ensuring that the vehicle in excellent working condition.
- An outstanding taxi driver will ensure that the vehicle remains stocked with supplies which includes items such as water bottles, tissues, cleaning products
- Immediate reporting of any potentially compromising; mechanical, safety and esthetic appearance of the taxi vehicle.
- We expect proactive swift communication on daily proceedings and any relevant concerns that may have be encountered.
- Informing clients of services and attractions that may be of interest to them.
Fundamentals for the right applicant:
- Having had a valid full driver’s license for more than 2 years (with no more than 6 penalty points)
- Above 25 years old.
- Valid Fife council hackney license permitting to transport passengers as per Fife council regulations.
- Clear criminal record. (to be reviewed)
- Prior taxi and private hire experience is a bonus but not necessary .
- Familiarity with GPS and smart phone software.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with sensibility for discretion when it is required
- Ability to help out with shift work, on weekends, and on public holidays, as needed within reason.
- Once you are comfortable with your job we would train you to to handle telephone inquiries and ask you to take bookings in a professional manner.
- You are required to record all fares of every day on your daily sheet in tidy fashion, with reporting totals on weekly basis.
Good local knowledge of Scotland and central Fife and are desired .
Working on your own initiative is required but we will help you to find your way around St Andrews, airports, golf courses and stations.
What we offer:
We offer a flexible job for a flexible team member with an excellent wage in the main season March till november.
Please contact Tim by email with an introduction of yourself :