Would you like to have a cab driver waiting for you with a sign at Leuchars train station?
Check if ours is the right service for you.
Schedule your car
Leuchars rail Station is situated on the southwestern edge of the village and takes a 13min by cab into St Andrews.
- Platform 1 is the southbound route direction Edinburgh.
- Platform 2 the northbound route heading for Dundee.
- Frequent buses meet the trains at Leuchars station and the transfer into the centre of The home of Golf and St Andrews university takes around 15 minutes.
- Also check out the Caledonian Sleeper trains which runs at night with sleeper cabin options from the centre of London to Scotland and from Leuchars to London.
On Sundays the service is less frequent, particularly before noon.
Leuchars Staffing Hours
Monday to Saturday 0620 – 2145
Sunday 1010 – 2215
Leuchars Waiting Room
A ticket office with heated waiting room and is only open during the above times.
The ticket office is fitted with an induction loop for deaf and hard of hearing people.
- £1 per 24-hour period
- Up to 7 days can be purchased via the Pay & Display Machine. Up to 30 days can be purchased via RingGo (cashless parking)
- Approx 300 space surface car parking spots
- The electric car charging point located at Leuchars Railway Station, KY16 0JJ is part of the ChargePlace Scotland network. There are 2 devices and 4 connectors available.
- Cycle lockers and racks also available
- Bus Interchange and Starfish Taxi Rank
Drop-off / Pick-up points
Your driver will welcome you at the bottom of the pedestrian bridge once you crossed the tracks and will be holding a sign with your name upon!
*We will monitor your train for delays
Buses from Leuchars
The bus turning circle is 10 metres from the ramped bridge. A covered walkway leads from the ramped bridge to the bus shelter. The bus stop has dropped kerb access from the car park, shelter facilities, timetable information and an electronic departure screen.
Bus timetable information is also displayed in the station waiting room.
A ‘St Andrews Railbus’ ticket is available providing a through ticket for journeys to St Andrews. Buses to St Andrews are very frequent.
Leuchars Taxi Ranks
There is a taxi rank adjacent to the ramped bridge, Cabs are usually available but to be sure please book us in advance and we will give you an approximate price for your journey.
A public telephone is situated on the station platform opposite the ramped bridge. This phone takes cards only
There is a ticket machine located on Platform 1.
All trains serving this station carry on-board ramps for wheelchair users.
The Ladies and Gents toilets are free of charge and are situated in the waiting room.
The Disabled and Baby Changing facilities are free of charge and are situated on Platform 2. To use the Disabled and Baby Changing facilities, a key must be obtained from the ticket office staff. The toilets are open only during staffing hours.
Electronic information screens are available on both platforms as well as in the heated waiting room and at the Help Point.
Timetable information is available on both platforms and in the waiting room.
Leuchars connects London King’s Cross via Edinburgh or Aberdeen line.
From here, you can board a train to a variety of destinations also including York, Newcastle and London Kings Cross, without having to make changes along the way.
Azuma trains operated by LNER originate from Leeds and London on a daily train operated by CrossCountry.
There are 8 lockers located in the car park and a rack for 6 bikes beside the taxi rank. There is also a rack for 5 bikes located on the platform opposite the ramped bridge. Users must provide their own padlock (lockers) or bike lock (racks).
There are CCTV cameras throughout the station building, on both platforms and in the car park for your safety.
Alight here for the Fife Coastal Path and National Cycle Network.
Starfish taxis also offers luggage transfers if you are walking the Fife coastal path